Strikes me as funny Hollywood gave Americans this impression that hostels are a place where if you go to them you will be murdered especially the ones in Eastern Europe.
Meanwhile at least in Minnesota police aren't required to investigate any crime
There's no logical limit to when they have to step in.
There's no control on bias for when they enforce and when they don't.
In murdersoda at least in my experience with Minnesota Hennepin county and Maple Grove:
- someone can repeatedly commit felony level theft
- try to push you over a 12 ft drop (head height)
- Open your mail sign your name is an adult with no legal authority to do so on documents from your mail including at least one check I know of
- Poison you
- Threaten the remains of and your live animals threaten your life
- Extract further poisonous labor by for the threat
- Steal your ID well both them and the police ask why you don't have a job
- Ignoring both law and basics for human survival in several ways including Minnesota recognizes oral leases and services for rent. Theft of service is illegal. Blocks change evictions are illegal especially when holding on to the tenants property.